Sunday, December 9, 2012

Entermission...

“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” - R.W. Emerson.

As of October 16th, 2012 I am an Undergraduate student of Walden University.  I obtained a Bachelors of Science in Child Development and managed to score a 3.4GPA, while also managing a full time job and personal life, hustling to build my catalog as a songwriter and compile several EP's.  I must say, this is a MILESTONE REACHED!!  The more I think of it though, I approached college with a very "get-it-out-of-the-way" mentality, and although I ended up getting so much in return..... Now, it is time to turn a new leaf and put much needed energy into something I have always wanted to do...... Impact people with my music. One person at a time.  It is time for me to go where there is no path for me to follow and leave a trail behind for others.  How do I do this?  Where do I start? What's next?


START?

Well for starters, I announce to you my very first EP titled "Entermission."  This title came by ways of a song called "Intermission," I demoed during my studies for a very close friend of mine and roommate at the time, Eddie Serrano, known artist/songwriter and NOW an official XFactor Vocal Coach.  When forthelovers crew leader, HazALI, heard this song, his creative juices got going and it jump started an open discussion about the EP title.  We evaluated where I have been in life and the things that are to come and talked about the importance of making sacrifices to fulfill our dreams. Therefore, Entermission represents the sacrifice of placing ALL THINGS ON HOLD to narrow in on a specific goal.  To activate tunnel vision and fulfill our purpose in life... or our mission for that matter.  To enter into our mission-->Entermission.

Entermission was digitally released 8/21/2012 to immediate family, friends and local fans and it created a huge online buzz, with collaborations from heavy hitters such as Echo, who has produced tracks for Don Omar and Daddy Yankee and Catalyst who laced "Revolver" for T-Pain.  On this EP you'll also find some smooth songs a-la-Janet swag and a cover song of a cover song (no that's not a typo) that Frank Ocean did of "Strawberry Swing" by European based group Coldplay.  Entermision is literally a vibe.  It is my lifestyle.  It is the story of my path and life experiences that drove me to pursue my dreams and is my pleasure to inform you that it will be nationally distributed courtesy of eOne Entertainment in 2013.


To preview Entermission and other songs of mine please feel free to visit either of these sites: 


Soundcloud 

Reverbnation 
Bandcamp 
MySpace

WHAT'S NEXT?

Please stay tuned and follow me on this journey.  Next week I am having a photoshoot for the first single titled "Runway," which was co-penned with Eddie Serrano and Echo (track details in another post...).  We are thinking of a HIGH-FASHION, Top Model get out my WAY type photo.  Lol.  Hopefully God combines all the right people and creates a divine team to make this dream shot happen.  

Updates soon to come and may be available at:


Facebook 

Twitter 
Instagram 
Tumblr.


LOVE,



Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment