Monday, June 10, 2013

MY PUERTORICAN-FREAKIN' WKND in QUAD STUDIOS w/ Julio Cortez

Man... I had no idea, that a morning brunch with my family at El Nuevo Portal, in downtown Brooklyn, NY, was foreshadowing a latin collaboration with Grupo Niche's colombiano, Julio Cortez. WHAT AN HONOR?!! And... my family keeps telling me, "You need to do Spanish music!!," and I want to so bad, but most of my connections have been in Hip Hop and R&B.  Well... that is no longer the excuse!!!  Julio eagerly said to me, "I want you to email a melody, so that I can compose something around your voice and see how that turns out," AHHHHHH! Lol.  It is something different for me.  Even though I do not have much experience creating latin music, I grew up on Spanish Pop Baladas and Salsa; I learned to speak Spanish listening to Cristian Castro, Guillermo Davila, Ednita Nazario and Ana Gabriel, Hector Lavoe, El Gran Combo, to name a few...  So, this is my moment to tap back into those days when I lived in Carolina, PR and life was so simple.

While, my fellow Boricuas were on 5th Avenue celebrating the Puerto Rican Day Parade, I was in the studio celebrating my culture in my own way.  Check out footage below from our session, and if you like it say, "WEEEEEEPPPAAAA!" in the comment section below... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment